This morning I was thinking to myself, "Self, I wonder if anyone would notice if I did not post today." You see, I'm getting kinda tired of posting every week and if I am getting tired of it, surely my readers are too. Really, the only time I set aside each week to write my blog is for Weigh in Wednesday. While watching my weight is one of my "Mommy's Adventures", it isn't the only adventure I have. Trust me.
So, I am wondering what to do. I love posting Weigh in Wednesday for 2 reasons: #1, it gives me a wonderful journal so I can flip through the posts and see how far I have come. #2, I love getting feedback, encouragement, advice, etc. from all of you. And I hope I am an encouragement to you on your journey! The thing is that I haven't gotten much feedback in awhile, and according to blogger, my readers have dwindled from around 40 to around 10-15. I'm guessing Weigh in Wednesday is dying and I'd like to pull the plug before it becomes a huge annoyance to my friends. Know what I mean? So, if you'd like to see Weigh in Wednesday continue or discontinue, now is the time to speak up! lol
Anyway, I lost a pound this week! I'm now at 128....again. lol This is where I was at 2 weeks ago before I mysteriously gained a pound or two. Oh well, at least I am on the downward trend again!
I have set a goal to run 50 miles a month. Of course, I didn't start this goal until the last half of March. I decided those last two weeks would serve as a test to see if I could really accomplish my goal. I ran 25.5 miles! So I do feel as if I can reach 50 miles a month as long as I avoid injury and stay healthy.
My 5K is coming up in about 5 weeks. In that amount of time I need to increase my outside running by another 3/4 of a mile. Really, I wouldn't mind over-shooting it just so that I don't feel like I am absolutely dying on race day.
So far I am pleased with my pace for outside running. I really miss the consistency of the treadmill and knowing EXACTLY how fast and how far I am running. This week I ordered a sports watch so that I can time and pace my running more accurately. I can't WAIT until it gets here!! I also bought some different running shorts for my race. No, I didn't buy those super-short, super-tight running shorts. These actually come down to my knee and look more like sweat pants. They are black too so they shouldn't show the world the embarrassing places I sweat when I run. :)
One more thing before I go, I've decided I'm not getting enough protein. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get the recommended amount, so I'm adding some whey protein to my diet. I hope to come up with some yummy ways to drink/eat it! I'll let you know next week.
Alright, what are you doing TODAY to help you reach your goals? If you tell yourself you CAN'T, you Won't. But if you push yourself a bit, you'll be amazed at what you CAN do. Trust me.
~ cheri

Hi!!! Blogging can be lonely at times. :( Seems I've read an inspiring blog post about that lately, I'll have to try to find it. Keep posting! You are doing so great!
ReplyDeleteCheri I don't always catch your blog every week, but I try to most weeks. I think you do a great job. Your post are not to long that they overwhelm and your very encouraging. If you like it keep up the good work, because I think your doing a great job. If you're starting to feel this is not were you want to be than that's okay, too. Just so you know its nice to know what's going on in your life, so thanks for that.
ReplyDeleteI pushed enter before I proof read it. Now all I see are the grammatical errors! Don't you hate that.
ReplyDelete