I was 6 or 7 months along when Greg and I finally settled on the name Naomi for our little girl. It had such beautiful meaning, of which I can't remember now. I'm sure a quick google search would tell me, but that would de-rail my train of thought. So trust me, the name Naomi has a beautiful meaning. (Just think of the Bible story or Ruth and Naomi) Greg and I had begun a tradition of going out to eat at this particular restaurant and comparing name lists that we each had prepared. Any names that were not on both lists got crossed off. (After some consideration, of course.)
Anyhow, we narrowed our choice down to Naomi Ann. Beautiful, right? Try saying it 5 times fast. Haha, it gets kinda hard saying all those vowel sounds! I remember calling Greg at work one day telling him that I couldn't name our little one Naomi, but rather a name that made me smile every time I said it. Chloe.
Fast forward 7 years and you have a bright, bubbly, cheerful young girl with the biggest brown eyes you've ever seen. She is never bored because she always makes up a new game to play. She wants to be a baker when she grows up and she wants me to teach her how to bake everything. (See? You really do believe your mommy can do everything when you're 7! LOL) She wants to grow her hair as long as Rapunzel's hair. She's terrified of bees and wasps and with good reason! She's been stung twice this summer.
Chloe is a people person and makes new friends wherever she goes. She is an artist with her artwork hanging all over her room and my fridge. She seriously has some talent and I am planning some art lessons for her to develop her skill. There is nothing she won't try at least once and she's a good veggie eater. She loves catching toads, frogs, and often will look for snakes, although I don't think she would ever pick one up. She loves wearing fancy dresses to church, but hates getting her hair done.
Chloe often wears me out with her exuberance and love of life. I try to keep up with her passion for activities and her energy, but often fail. In many ways, I learn from her as she always looks on the bright side of things. I'm so very thankful for my Chloe, and I wish I could slow these years down. Happy 7th birthday to my favorite 7 year old! I love you so very much!
By the way, the name Naomi means "Delightful woman." The name Chloe means, "Profusion of blossoms." While Chloe is delightful, I'd say "Profusion of blossoms" fits her better. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment