About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weigh in Wednesday

I'm not sure if people really care, so I am posting these blogs more for my own benefit of keeping track of my weight loss. If you read my posts once in awhile, you are probably familiar with my working towards a weight loss goal. My total goal is to lose the 25-30 pregnancy pounds I have left over from Gracia.


But first, a funny story..... Meet my old bathroom scale. I'm sorry I couldn't flop it the other way, but you don't really need to see it upright to get the idea. This thing is isn't that old, I remember the day I brought it home from the store. But, it's not accurate. Maybe it has something to do with it's living conditions. I've had to store it inside a cabinet, tipped up on its side. So, maybe taking it out and putting it back in every week or so has messed with it.


Also, I think it's stuck. I have been at the same weight for several months now, so it just automatically shoots up to that weight when I step on it. It's less work for the scale, he's thinking, "Oh, it's her. I know what she weighs, I'm not going to have to work today after all."


Oh, and the last thing I don't like about this scale is that it's not digital. I love it when my weight flashes on the screen, I don't have to squint and count by 2's to see if I have lost anything. I will admit part of why I can't always read this scale is that I need to wear my glasses while weighing, otherwise I can't see a thing. It's a long ways down to my toes!

I had a dream about this scale one night, or rather about the scales at the store....in this dream I knew I had to replace my scale, so I was testing each one at the store to see which I liked the best. Every time I stepped on one, it would show my weight to be 100 pounds more than I actually weighed! AHHHHH! I didn't buy a scale in that dream. lol



I did however (in real life) buy a new scale a week or so ago. Meet my new bathroom scale. This thing is so cool! It can keep track of 4 different people and tell you if you've lost or gained weight. I love the quote on the box that said if you've gained weight, the light on the right would flash meaning, "did you intend to go this way?" bwahaha! The yellow light in the middle means you're holding steady. And the light on the left, the one that I want to see every time I weigh, shows when you've lost weight. This thing is so cool! Oh wait, did I already say that?




The numbers are big and bright, no need for glasses when weighing on this scale, which is a good thing since I'm pretty sure wearing them adds ounces to my weight.

So, here is the big moment. I am about to reveal how much weight I have lost. I began being intentional about my weight loss/exercise back in July. I have been going for about 5 weeks. As far as I can tell with the swapping of scales, I have lost about 5 pounds! WOOHOO!!


I plan on making Wednesdays my weigh in days, so if you want to follow me along in this journey, check in on that day each week. I am hoping to shed this pregnancy weight once and for all so I can wear all my clothes again!


PS. I am sorry for the poor quality of photos in this blog. Please remember I am not a photographer. Or a photo turner for that matter. lol

1 comment:

  1. That's great Cheri! We've never owned a scale until I had to lose my pregnancy weight. I put hubs and I on a diet and he kept complaining about how he didn't think he was losing anything. So I bought a scale and low and behold, he'd lost 9 lbs! That really motivated him. Our is also digital and has big bright numbers...but it's not as cool as yours! I picked the cheapest digital I could find! :) Good luck...I know it's hard, but you will get there.

    ReplyDelete