About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Why is it that I have just as much to do today as I did yesterday, and yet when I realize it's Friday, everything seems lighter?  The sun is shining a little bit brighter, the birds are singing a little sweeter....well...you get the idea.

Yesterday I cleaned up our storage room.  I will be the first to tell you that I failed 'Organize 101'.  My closets, cupboards, dressers...they are all in dis-array.  I don't think it's a matter of not knowing how to organize, it's a matter of keeping it organized.  So often I go get something and then fail to put it away when I'm finished.  Or I simply fail to finish and then I can't put it away. I haven't always been this way.

In fact, yesterday I was wondering why I wasn't making this very issue a priority.  I have half-started projects all over the house.  Why am I failing to pay attention to them?  Why have I allowed the kitchen floor to get sooooo messy?  Why haven't I had time to weed the flower garden?  I've been failing to get things done all over the place!  And I haven't been lazy!!  Then, all of a sudden the thought hit me...  "School started."

Ah-ha!  THAT'S why I haven't gotten anything else done!  I've been so focused on multiplication and phonics to see the laundry piles, the dishes, or the gross "science project" growing in the back of the fridge.   Should I be better at getting the chores done?  Probably.  My kids also have their chores that have back-slidden since school started.  We definitely need to get back into our chores around here.  But, I am willing to cut myself some slack.

We work hard at school.  Just as every home schooling family does.  We have been focused on school work.  So, if you came over to my house today, you'd see a mess over here, and over there...messes everywhere!  But, you'd also find children reading, the chalkboard covered in science terms and math equations.  You'd find pencils writing cursive letters and notes to the child we support over in India. You'd find school books and science projects and papers needing to be graded.  We're busy!

And so it's Friday. I know I have 2 full days ahead of me to catch up around the house. (And believe me, the kids ARE helping with that!)  So, everything seems to fade in the background as we get ready for school this morning.  It doesn't seem to matter much when I know that we'll get it cleaned up...eventually.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Eh, you'll have plenty of time to clean when the kids graduate, right? Then you'll be wishing for a messy house with kids to teach. :)

    ReplyDelete