About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Friday, October 29, 2010

What I can't handle

I can handle a lot now that I am a mother. I have been spit up on, pottied on, thrown up on, you name it, the kids have done it to me. I have cleaned it it off the walls, the floors, the bath tub, out of blankets, and off of car seats. I have proudly carried spit up stains and snot on my shoulder sleeves for years now.

I remember my very first experience with "projectile poopies". We had just brought one of our children home, I won't mention names, and before I knew it, I was cleaning stuff off of the wall clear across the room! Yikes! If I remember correctly, we went through 3 diapers in one diaper change. I soon learned to wait a little while before changing the diaper since they may not be done yet! Oh, and there is such a thing as "projectile spit up" too. The things you learn when you become a parent!

Yes, I can handle a lot. But what I will never be able to handle is blood. One night we were at church and Chloe was outside trying to surprise me by getting herself buckled in the carseat by herself. She came screaming inside with blood spilling from her finger. It turns out that as she was trying to open the van door, it slid back on her finger pinching it. She was left helpless trying to get the door back open to get her finger out. When she finally got it, she was bleeding quite badly and I thought I saw the bone. Even now I cringe thinking about it. Thankfully there is a doctor at our church and she told us what to do and we didn't need stitches, although it was mentioned.

Yesterday I had another experience with blood, just a different child. Jeremy was supposed to be napping, but I heard him awake and moving around only 10 minutes after I had left him. I decided to let him try to fall asleep. Moments later I heard a THUD and screaming. I ran in his room to find him standing beside his bed bleeding profusely from his mouth. He had bit his lower lip and somehow his upper gums were bleeding. He had obvisouly landed on his mouth pushing his upper teeth into his gums. Ugh. And being the calm woman I am at the sight of blood, I shrieked, "What one earth did you do to yourself?" I grabbed him up and spent the next 20 minutes cleaning him and his clothes. He's okay, and just a few hours later I found him eating gum. Yes eating it. Not just chewing it, but swallowing. He went through 5 sticks before I found him. His mouth is still sore today and certain foods hurt him. But, maybe this has taught him to stay in his bed at naptime....

No comments:

Post a Comment