About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Glasses

Okay, so it was Saturday, not even a week before Gracia was born. I was ready to pop at any moment, and apparently so were my glasses. I was sitting for awhile to rest and decided my glasses were too filthy to see through, so I took them off and began to clean them on the edge of my shirt. I was talking with my mom when POP, my glasses snapped in half. OH NO!

Now, was I surprised that my glasses broke? Sadly, no. I have known for months my glasses were on their last leg. The lenses each have chunks missing, the nose pieces have both been replaced and the frames are all bent out of shape. The silly things are too big for my face too. Oh, and I never fold them anymore because one of the arms is about to snap off. But, for insurance purposes, I wanted to wait until after the 1st of the year before going and getting new glasses. And then it became an issue with procrastination. I didn't really feel like taking my big preggo body into the eye care place for an exam and new glasses. I mean, they lasted this long, why not see how much longer I could get out of them?


Regret began to sink in as I tried to think of my options. My mom helped me look online for someone who would take a patient on Saturday...sadly most places were closed. I realized I was out of luck until at least Monday. Time for Plan B. I searched for the super glue. Oh, and the funny part is that Greg was out of town to a gun show. I had told him earlier in the week that he COULD NOT go to this because I could have the baby at ANY moment. But, that morning I realized that it was not going to happen that day. So when my glasses broke, I called him to ask where the super glue was. I wanted to call him and say, "something broke!" (He'd think it was my water....) Thankfully I am not that mean, and I didn't think of it until I was off the phone.


I did my best to glue my glasses back together, but they broke again the next morning. Greg tried his hand at it and they lasted 2 days. I was rather frustrated, so I DUMPED the super glue on, trying my best to not glue my fingers to them. Greg warned me of this because of the time I accidentally super-glued my fingers to my cell phone. That was fun. (Heavy sarcasm) And amazingly, my glasses have held together for the last 2 weeks! I was really thankful my glasses lived until I could see my beautiful baby's face!


So, last week I went in to get my eyes checked and picked out a couple frames to run by Greg. He didn't really have an opinion about it, so over the next couple of days, I asked everyone and anyone who walked through my door which glasses I should get. I got mixed reviews and so decided I would have to choose purely on how they fit, not how they looked. I'm hoping they are the right ones, they definitely fit tighter than my current glasses which might give me headaches, and Isaac doesn't like them since they are different. But, I have to do it, so I placed my order today and hopefully in less than a week I will be able to see again! (Without chips and super glue smudges!)

No comments:

Post a Comment