Did your mom ever say this to you? "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." I heard that from my mom a lot when I was growing up. It's amazing how often I use it for my own kids, even though it was probably one of those things I swore I would never say to MY children. haha! I've learned that this little saying is still applicable to me today.
Have you noticed how I have been 'quiet' lately? I haven't updated my blog in several days, maybe even a week. I just haven't had anything nice to say. I am tired. I am swollen. I am impatient. I am getting weary of feeling pain all the time. I don't have anything nice to say.
But, I can't help but remember several friends who have recently miscarried, or dear friends who can't conceive at all. I have spent many times on my knees interceding for these friends. And I am reminded of the gift I have been given, even if it's long in coming. Even if it's a painful process to get her here. Even when I can't sleep at night, even when I have contractions for 4 months, and deal with heart burn, etc. God has given me a precious gift and she will be here in a few days. My pregnancy ticker on my blog says I only have 3 days to go. We will see how punctual she is.
Right now, my little bundle has the hick-ups. How many more times will I experience her doing this within my own body? It's limited, that's for sure. Her movements are big and rolling, making my tummy bulge and morph as she goes. How many more evenings will I sit in amazement wondering if that was a knee or an elbow moving across my tummy? They are numbered, no question about it.
Everyone tells me to treasure these moments, they will be over soon. And there is wisdom in that. Soon, I will be holding her in my arms watching her grow each passing day. Nothing can slow down time, not even a hard pregnancy. No one can actually put a brick on a child's head to stop rapid growth. It's going to happen. Time is going to march on. Yes, in some ways, time is going slow for me right now. In some ways I cannot wait to have this child. But, in other ways, I know my time is limited for experiencing these happenings and when it's over, it's over. I'm glad I don't get to decide when she's born, it's all in God's hands. All I need to do is wait and enjoy what moments I can...not just now, but with each phase of my quickly passing life.
And so, I am thankful. I guess I did have something nice to say after all.

Praying for you! I know exactly how you feel. Just imagine being two weeks overdue. I couldn't call anyone because I knew the first question they'd ask..."Did you have the baby??" Hang in there...it's almost over!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou have be extra nice, too, with your mom right there! :)
ReplyDelete