About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

As far as the east is from the west

Today I had a moment.  It was one of those moments that won me the "Worst Mother of the Year" award.  It is not a moment I am proud of and I am embarrassed my kids saw me act out in anger.  Haven't I already dealt with this sin?

I made sure I apologized to the kids and asked for their forgiveness, which they were quick to offer me.  (Kids are amazingly forgiving!)  And we talked through the situation then.  Something I should have done in the first place.

Even though I knew my kids forgave me, I still had lingering guilt and sadness over it.  As I was tucking Isaac in tonight, I felt compelled to bring up the subject again and just reiterate how sorry I was.  We talked a little bit about how even dads and moms sin and make mistakes.  And with a sweet smile on his face, Isaac said something like this, "Don't worry, Mom.  God removes our sins as far as the east is from the west, so you don't need to worry about this anymore."

Out of the mouths of babes.

I know that Isaac harbors no bitterness towards me, I know God has forgiven me, now it's time for me to forgive myself.  And of course, I need to learn from this!  Even though I thought I had dealt with this issue, sin is alive and well and I can never let my guard down.  It's okay to be angry, but one must be in control during those times so as not to sin in their anger. 

I'm thankful for a God who promises to forgive and then remove those sins.  That's pretty awesome!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little boy/man you are raising! Anger is one of my biggest sin areas. Well, one of the biggest. Just keeps popping up. Thanks for sharing your heart and giving us a glimpse of your kiddos' hearts. Little ones do forgive quickly! It's a good thing around this house!

    ReplyDelete