I lost a pound! I am currently at 137. BUT WAIT! Remember last week I said I had lost 2 pounds? Well then I went and ran on the treadmill. Out of curiosity weighed in again. I was actually another pound down. I was 137 LAST WEEK AFTER I POSTED WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY! So, I really can't count it as a pound lost this week, but really I lost 3 pounds last week! Make sense? Anyway, I'm a bit bummed that I haven't really made any progress this week, but am thrilled with my loss last week!
Did you watch the Biggest Loser last night? Usually I at least have the TV on so that as I am passing through the room I can catch a bit of what's going on. But, last night all I got to see was the voting and who went home. Anyway, I like the idea of using percentages instead of pounds...gives it a different perspective. So, last week I had lost 1% of my body weight. Not bad! Have you ever calculated your weight loss in this way?
So, the big question is......Did I meet my weight loss goal by my birthday? And the obvious answer is, NO! I did not. So what do we do when we miss the goal?
Should I be all depressed? NO!
Should I quit and indulge on some chocolate? Forget about the calories!! NO!
Should I stop making goals and working so hard? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
(All of the above are natural tendencies of mine that I have to fight.)
So I didn't make my goal. I'm not going to let that stop me. Really, it was a very realistic goal. I didn't make a goal that was out of reach for most people. I have to say that I worked HARD for those 5 weeks and still don't know how I didn't make my goal. But I didn't. But that's not going to hold me back. I'm not throwing in the towel, I'm not going back to old habits.
NOPE! I'm going to think about the progress I've made!
I can now run nearly 3 miles without stopping for a walking break. Talk about building endurance!
I can now wear some jeans that were WAY to tight a couple months ago.
I have tons of energy and a new zest for life.
Would I have had these benefits if I hadn't started on this journey? No, I wouldn't have. So while I missed my goal, I have met several other side benefits and am thankful for them. Now, I am going to make a new goal. Ready for it? Hang on...let me look at the calendar....5 weeks from today is Leap Day. I want to be 132 by Leap Day. That is 5 pounds, or 1 pound a week. This is the same goal I made before, but I want to try it again. I think my body is finally in the mood to go along with me on this journey. lol
So, what are YOUR goals? What is your reaction when you miss a goal? I have to admit when I first realized I wasn't going to meet my goal, it was a bit upsetting and I wondered WHY it was happening that way when I was giving it all that I had. But then it just made me even more determined to get going.
I'm changing things up a bit this week. I'm running every other day and doing my 30 day shred on the other days. We'll see if adding a little variety helps by next week. Good bye pregnancy pounds!

Congrats on your pound, Cheri. You have such a great attitude. :)
ReplyDelete