Have you ever heard the quote, "Never trust a skinny cook." ? This has always made me laugh because it implies that a good cook is tasting her own food. A lot. It must be good food, huh? A skinny cook, however, does not eat her own food, therefore, do not trust it.
This quote came to mind this week as I was tempted (again, and AGAIN) to eat some of Isaac's birthday cake. Did you see a picture of it? If not, here is how it turned out:
This cake is really big and of course we couldn't eat it all at the party, so I have left-overs. And I have been eating the left-overs. It starts something like this, "No, I'm not going to eat cake at 10 in the morning." "Well, I will just take a fork, eat a bite now, a bite in an hour or so. That way it takes me all day to eat one piece." "Hmmm....I don't want to pass germs by scooping a bite out every now and then, so I'll just cut off a sliver at a time with a knife." "hmmm....That was a big sliver, I might as well eat the whole piece." And before I know it, I have racked up an impressive 300 calories eating cake alone. :( I'm only eating 1250 calories a day! It's not so funny now, is it? Now I get to figure out how to cut back that many calories for the rest of the day. NOT EASY!
Before I go on though, let's talk about cake, or chocolate, or whatever it is that we enjoy eating. Are these things wrong to enjoy in moderation? I don't think so! Of course, it depends on you! Are you diabetic, are you trying to stay away from temptations, etc? You have to decide for yourself. But, I have decided that it is not wrong for me to enjoy them as long as I am not indulging. And with cake, it's a fine line that I have to be very careful with. lol
So, let's get right down to it: I lost a pound this week! I am now at 128.8. I am so surprised because I haven't had as many chances to exercise this week. We had company for the weekend, and even though it was a little girl, it is harder to get exercise in with an extra child to care for. My kids have been sick, and I have not been feeling well either. But, I have been careful with calories, even with eating cake, and I have run on the treadmill when I had time. I'm feeling pretty good about the pound!
What about you? Are you facing temptations today and how to you handle them? Have you been counting calories or exercising? Are you doing both? What are your goals? My ultimate goal is to make it to 125 which means I am almost done with my weight loss journey. That DOES NOT mean I am done with my exercise and eating right! This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. Once I reach my goal, I will work on maintaining that weight. I will continue making healthy choices each day, and yes, I will enjoy a piece of cake every now and then. I plan to continue some variation of this Weigh in Wednesday blog, I just haven't decided how yet. I have been enjoying sharing with you and hearing how you are doing each week! So tell me, how are you doing? We're all in this together!

No comments:
Post a Comment