So, way back in my Weigh in Wednesday series, I confessed to you that I was addicted to the scale. I would weigh myself many times a day in hopes of seeing the numbers going down. It became an obsession and Greg recognized that and locked up my scale. I could only have it on Wednesday mornings right before I'd post here. Several weeks later, Greg decided, after much begging on my part, that I could also have it on Saturdays.
Well, last week after my Weigh in Wednesday post, he never locked it back up. He felt comfortable with my progress and let me keep it out. Since then I weigh myself once a day. I no longer feel that I NEED to know each. moment. of. the. day. what. my. exact. weight. is. I know the scale can drive me nuts with the increases and decreases, so once a day is plenty.
I tell you that background so that those who have been following my journey will understand why I knew all this week what my weight was. Yesterday after weighing, I started preparing what I would tell you all. I was fully prepared to tell you that I had gained a pound and how I was okay with that. (I was almost a full pound heavier all week!) I was prepared to tell you that even though I had gained weight, I had lost inches. Maybe my pound of weight gain was because I've added weight training this week?
Well, I'm happy to say that I won't have to do that. Instead I get to tell you that I've lost 8 ounces from last weeks' post. That means that I have really lost a pound and 1/2 since Saturday. Maybe my 5.33 mile run last night caused me to lose it. Maybe the multiple times I was up in the night last night with children caused me to lose the weight. Who knows? Anyway, I'll take it!
And now for an announcement. I am almost to my goal of 125! I am exactly 3 pounds away from it. Being so close to my goal has made me wonder what new goal to pursue. A friend of mine suggested I challenge myself by setting a goal of running a certain amount of miles a month. After much thinking and much testing on the treadmill, I've decided to make a goal of 50 miles a month. It seems like a huge amount, but really it's not too bad.
I have worked up to being able to run over 5 miles each time I run, so if I did that 3 times a week, 4 weeks a month, that puts me at 60 miles. But, there may be times when I can only eek out 3 or 4 miles, so if I set it at 50 I would have a little wiggle room. I think 50 is a good challenge and I'm excited to start logging in April. :) Have you considered a goal like this? Having this goal will make me completely put aside my desire to know what I weigh. (I will probably keep track of it though because I don't want to be back at my un-healthy underweight self that I was as a teenager.) I will be so focused on my new goal that I really don't think I will care about my weight. Which I shouldn't if I already have met my goal!
But that makes me wonder what to do with these Weigh in Wednesday posts. I don't want everyone to think that just because I met my goal, I am leaving those who are still working towards theirs. Besides, I have come to really enjoy the interactions this blog has created. Please give me your feedback and suggestions as to what you would like to see me do. :) I am thankful that you have been following my journey encouraging me, giving advice and suggestions, and making goals of your own. Now, it's time to get rid of the last 3 pounds!

Personally, I'd love to see you continue to do your weigh in Wednesdays. The maintenance phase can be tough, and I think it would be encouraging to do that part together too. :)
ReplyDeleteI love your goal of 50 miles a week. I've been considering setting a mileage goal for myself, or maybe a time goal since I don't usually run for distance. I'm trying to decide on something that won't stress me out. I like my runs to be worshipful and relaxing rather than stressful.