About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Isaac's Birthday Preparations, Part 1


Isaac is having a birthday party this Saturday and I have been busily preparing for it!  I wanted to incorporate Isaac's Karate skills, and I also didn't really want to do another pinata. So, I came up with this....board.....I have no idea what to call this board. But it's gonna be fun! (Another idea from the internet!  This is one of those display boards you can buy at Wal-Mart.  Greg cut all the circles out for me.

While Greg cut circles, I made little boxes and attached them to the back of the board behind each hole.  These "baskets" will hold all the prizes for the kids to reach through and grab.


Next, I covered each circle with colored tissue paper with lots of packing tape! We tried a couple out and decided it was WAY to easy to punch through, so...

....I added paper sack layers behind some of the tissue paper.  I have three levels of difficulty. Easy, medium, and hard.   You can tell that I am NOT a perfectionist.  The squares are all different sizes and not cut straight.  Oh well. The kids are not going to care!

I labeled each square so the kids can decide which level of difficulty they want to try.  They will use karate punches and kicks to break through the paper.  When they have broken through, they can reach through and grab their prizes!  I think this is a good replacement for a pinata. The kids still get to take a swing at something and fill up a prize bag.  :)



Hopefully my next birthday post will be Isaac's Karate uniform cake I am planning to make.  :)  The cakes are in the freezer and ready to be put together tomorrow night.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment