Just so you know, I will not be posting these blogs to FB everyday. Maybe once or twice a week, so if you want to see daily progress, come back each day. :)
Day 1 - I've had the weekend to kind of evaluate my diet and prepare a little more. There are already some changes I've made a few years ago that I have stuck with. I'm glad I switched to real butter and have never looked back. Do you know how they make margarine? You should google it sometime, but be prepared to be disgusted and start watching ads for real butter sales.
Another change I made was whole wheat bread. Not just wheat bread, don't be tricked! It's not the same as WHOLE wheat bread. When I learned that, I switched to whole wheat bread and I tell you what, my kids don't even know what white bread is.
And one last permanent change I made a few years ago was brown rice. We no longer eat while rice for anything but 2 recipes that really don't work with brown rice. It's amazing how they strip away the nutrients from the rice and what you're left with is white rice. After years of eating brown, I really don't like white anymore. It's tasteless and the consistency is weird. But brown rice has none of the nutrients stripped away and it tastes really good!
Okay, all these sound really good, so what's so terrible about my diet? White flour and sugar. Those two things I haven't been able to switch out. I do enjoy making whole wheat breads, but even those recipes call for half white flour. And I simply eat too much sugar. Candy, cookies, cakes, etc. Bad, bad, bad! Once in awhile a treat is alright, and I believe God wants us to enjoy life, and cheesecake is definitely a part of my life! But when I eat a ton of it, well, that's when it's bad. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
So this week my focus will be on limiting these two things: white flour and sugar. I'm not going over-board here, I won't stress if I end up needing to eat some of it, but I will be mindful and limit it as much as I can. This is what I believe is causing my inflammation, so that's why I am starting here.
Also this week, I am going to drink cranberry juice, but not like you would assume. I once read, and then did! this thing where you dilute the cranberry juice (It has to be 100% no sugar added!) with water and it makes a delicious flavored water that you sip on all day. It's really yummy, so I will be doing that this week.
How are you feeling today? Are there some changes you feel you should make for better health?

We nixed sugar in our house and we forbid any and all juices. Instead we drink Green Tea Lemonade sweetened with Stevia. YUMMMO! Milk has become only for the kids to fatten them up. We've also made homemade Strawberry lemonade - just blend up a handful of strawberries and add a good splash of lemon juice. Sweeten with stevia. Total treat for us. The hardest thing to go without sugar for us is cookies - so we have sugary cookies maybe once a month as a treat :0)
ReplyDeleteOne thing that has really helped our switch to wheat flour was finding whole wheat pastry flour. I use regular whole wheat flour for bread and whole wheat pastry flour for baked goods. It has worked well for my family, maybe for yours too!
ReplyDelete