I'm on day 2 and I have to say I'm not very happy. I'm feeling kinda lost and frustrated. I want to eat everything I know is bad for me. But I have to say I think my inflammation is better today, so that's GOOD! Progress is being made already!
What have I been eating?
Breakfast - whole wheat toast with REAL butter or scrambled eggs
Lunch - leftover pizza on whole wheat crust, apple slices, fresh carrots and celery
Dinner - potato soup, crackers (Should probably not have eaten crackers, but after a day of eating so well, I allowed myself a treat. Plus, I can't expect myself to go off white flours cold turkey)
Also drinking LOTS of water!
That was my eating yesterday, I did have a little chocolate mixed in there too for a treat.
So what else do I plan to eat in addition to the above?
Lots of fresh or frozen fruits and veggies, (not canned, I can't stand them canned)
Lean meats such as chicken or vension
Nuts of all kinds
The occasional treat
Part of my frustration is that while I am looking for something to eat, I realize I didn't prepare well enough. I need more recipes, more ideas, more, more, more. BUT, I am encouraged because I am already feeling some better after only a couple of days of watching my intake. And, after looking at what I was eating, I was closer than I first thought at eating whole. There aren't many more changes I really need to make, it's just this BIG hurdle of the white flour and sugar that looms before me like a ginormous cake made by Buddy from Cake Boss. What I wouldn't give to have a fork and 5 minutes alone with such a cake.
But to remind myself, this is for my health, to feel good. And once I'm done over-indulging in treats, the good feelings are gone, and my body is left to try to process something that is actually harming it. Puts it in perspective a little bit.
I'm wondering what else I will notice improvement in because of eating better. More energy is surely a part of it, clearer skin would be nice. :) Fewer headaches? Less moodiness? (Yes, I get moody, I'm sure none of you expected that. LOL) Again, I am not wanting to lose weight, although I think I probably will drop a few pounds while I'm in the learning process. Thanks for following my young journey. How are you doing?

No comments:
Post a Comment