I failed today, friends, and now I am paying for it. Can you say "no-bake cookies"? I should learn to say "No" to no-bake cookies, but I didn't today. I made a double batch this morning because we had company all day and I needed something for snacks and dessert. Usually when I make these delicious treats, I lick the spoon and then scrape out the pot and lick the spoon some more and then repeat. But today I didn't do that! Too bad my resolve didn't last very long.
My 'eating whole' diet turned into the 'eating the whole cookie' diet. Or rather 'eating more than my share of the double batch of cookies' diet. Oy.
So how am I feeling it, you may wonder? I'm sick to my stomach (Surprise, surprise) and I am overly exhausted, (although part of that is probably due to a very early morning and 3 extra kiddos here today. I love them though, so it's totally worth it!) Anywho, my body is telling me she is not thrilled with all that sugar. But on a positive note, I can now without a doubt say that white sugar causes my body stress and a overall yucky feeling.
So tomorrow I will say no to no-bake cookies, and in so doing, I will also say no to a tummy ache, inflammation, and tiredness. Wish me luck--there are still lots of the tasty little guys in the kitchen...
I am happy to say, however, that my meals were very clean, so at least I have lots of good-for-me nutrients in me right now.
How are YOU doing?

No comments:
Post a Comment