Yeah, I missed yesterday. Well, I didn't miss a day of eating whole, I just missed writing about it. But hey, I'm a busy mom and yesterday was crazy! Besides, I don't have the notion that anyone really cares to read my daily log of my eating, so I don't feel too bad about missing day 3.
ANYWHO, I'm quite happy with how un-inflamed I am feeling today. I do feel it some, but it's a lot better than it has been recently. I haven't cut flours and white sugars completely from my diet because I've had social gatherings and I don't want to be THAT person that can't eat such and such. That just causes stress for the hostess, right? Plus, who can pass up scotcheroos or cheesecake, am I right? I am pleased to say though that I exercised extreme control and only had 1 piece of each, (2 different days) so I could still enjoy it without over-indulging. I am guessing though that the bit of inflammation I am feeling is a result of having those treats, but my social life really isn't that busy normally, so I won't be eating as much sugar from now on.
Now for a practical way I am cutting out flour today. I am fixing spaghetti for dinner using plain ol' spaghetti noodles, and those are not good to eat when trying to eat clean. So I am fixing myself a delicious salad with as many clean fixings as I can find. Tomatoes, 3 different lettuces, hard boiled egg, shredded cheese, grated carrot, and whatever else I can find. I love, Love, LOVE the individual flavors of these God-made ingredients and am drooling just thinking about it. Hopefully my family will catch some of the excitement and want to try some for themselves....alongside their spaghetti of course.
Did I mention I will be eating that salad with NO salad dressing? What's the use of replacing something like spaghetti noodles with something else that can cause the same stress on my body? Besides, why would I mask the flavors of the salad with Ranch?
I'm really hoping I continue to feel better each day, and I really am trying, but each day I have given in to something. It hasn't been perfect. It's better than I would have been if I hadn't been giving it any thought at all though. So here's to a clean dinner. (As I type this, I am fantasizing about a white dinner roll smoothered with butter. Oy.) How are YOU doing?

No comments:
Post a Comment