About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Friday, May 6, 2011

sand

As my children play in the sand box for the first time this Spring, I begin to have visions of myself sweeping up piles of sand in the kitchen. Vacuuming up endless trails of sand from children running in to use the bathroom. I wonder how many of these 50 pounds of sand that fill the sand box will be filling my dust pan over the course of the summer. And that is just the sand. That doesn't include just plain old dirt.

How many times will I need to clean out a muddy bath tub or scrub up dirty knees and feet? I could go on and on, and if you're a busy mom like me, you know how long the list is.

But you know what? I. Don't. Care. That's right. I don't care how often I need to clean it up, how often I bathe dirty children and mop up mud in the entry way. It's hard work, no doubt, but I only get so many summers with these dirty, smelly, filthy kids. I will only receive so many dandelion bouquets and capture only so many fireflies in jars. I will only kiss so many scraped knees and put princess band-aids on so many owies.

I plan on enjoying my summer and living it to the fullest. Am I going to freak out on occasion when I have JUST swept the floor and someone drags in grass clippings and dirt? Yes. Will I raise my voice and show my frustration when one of the kids forgets to take off his muddy shoes? Possibly. haha, okay definitely. But, hopefully I can teach them to help clean up and as my grandma said, "Many hands make light work."

So, here's to a happy summer ahead, and thank you God for my messy blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's amazing - I was just thinking today about building a sandbox with some extra railroad ties the church has! Now maybe I'll rethink. . . Nah!!

    ReplyDelete