Okay, I am at my wit's end with this issue and I'm hoping there is someone out there who has dealt with this and can help me. Every time I get pregnant, and I mean EVERY time I get pregnant, I get acne. And it doesn't go away until I am done nursing the child. Then it clears up...until I get pregnant again. Then all of a sudden, I have the skin of a much younger woman. Like a 13 year old girl to be exact.
What gets me is that I have never, even as a 13 year old girl, had acne this bad. Oh sure, I'd have the occassional break out, but nothing as consistent as when I am pregnant or nursing. I have chalked it up to the extra hormones, but no matter what the excuse, I am SICK AND TIRED of it!!
One friend suggested I use baby wipes to remove my make-up. I tried it and even though she had found it successful, it did not work for me. I have tried not touching my face, not putting make-up on at all, (Which is very scary with these dark circles I've been sporting under my eyes lately) and increasing my once daily face washing to twice a day. Nothing, and I mean, NOTHING has even begun to touch it.
So today, I was watching TV during one of Gracia's feedings and someone said tooth paste really works to remove acne. So, as I am typing this, I have colgate dabbed all over my face. It is kinda starting to tingle, if not sting a little bit, but it's minty fresh! My question is, how long should I leave this stuff on? Maybe I should have googled this one....
I have read about baking soda and water mixed together, oatmeal, and apple cidar vinegar. I haven't tried them yet, although they do appeal to me since I have all of them on hand and I wouldn't have to resort to products made with things I can't pronounce.
I'm hoping that one of you out there has gone through this and can help me. I have about 9 more months of nursing and don't think I can handle the acne for that much longer. HELP! Now, I am going to go wash this stuff off my face and pray for a small miracle.

I've read wonderful things about using oil to clear up acne. Sounds totally backwards (and I've never tried it), but a lot of people swear by it. Let me know if you want a link with more info...
ReplyDeleteI feel you girl! The one thing that helped me was getting a concealer that had acne healing stuff in it. That way I could hide them but still be helping them a little bit too! :0) At least you know it WILL go away! :0)
ReplyDelete