Drum roll please, du,du,du,du!! Isaac's new Star Wars bedroom is done!! I am not posting before pictures. Just imagine plain white walls and you'll get the idea.

Isaac LOVES his R2D2 wall sticker, this was the last thing to be completed, and probably the most fun part of the room. Chloe helped me paint the wall black....shoot...I should have uploaded pictures of her helping me, she was super cute. Anyway, after painting it black, I splattered white paint on it for a "outer-space" feel. Splattering was the only way I could think to get a totally random look to the size and shape of the stars. I did have a bit of dripping, but it turned out better than I though it would! Plus, it was fun to load the brush up with paint and fling it at the wall!

This is made from a diaper box, which seem rather plentiful around here lately. Anyway, I covered it with black paper and Mod Podg-ed some Star War images on it. Quick and easy and a fun way to store all the light sabers.

Yay for using things again! This is a pull-string pinata from one of Isaac's birthday parties. Can you guess what the theme was?!

Okay, these were a lot of fun to make. Basically they are canvases (which I had on hand) painted with a mix of black and blue paint. I then splattered them with white to get the stars and galaxies. Mod Podge is one of my new friends since I used it to attach images from our Star Wars DVD covers. Yes, from the covers...don't worry...I cleared this through Greg before I began the cutting. :) I didn't have any other options for cheap/free Star Wars images since our printer only prints black.

Can there be a more accurate statement for a boys' room? I do have to say though that Isaac is a very neat and tidy boy, but I couldn't resist this quote.

What would a Star Wars room be without this?? The grey stripe around the room is an idea I found on youtube. (I have learned that if I want to do something, someone has already done it and posted instructions on the internet.) I'm not happy with the painting tape I used since it allowed the grey to bleed onto the white in a lot of places. But for the most part, it turned out great.
Next week I will post pictures from Chloe's room which is currently in the re-decorating phase!
Love, Love, Love! Now before you get too far on Chloe's room you HAVE to take some before pictures! :)
ReplyDelete