I can't wait to show Chloe her new room when she gets home tomorrow! She has to wait until she gets home, but I am giving you a sneak peak! :) Just promise me you won't show her since it is a surprise! :)
Here is the pallet and brush that I used for Chloe's rainbow. I had fun!


I took this close-up of the rainbow in hopes of showing you the glitter I added to it. Now, I will tell you how I did it, but it's probably not something the paint stores would recommend. I promise, though, that the glitter will not rub off on you! Once I finished painting the stripes and letting them dry, I brought in my new friend, Mod Podge. I found some glitter in my craft drawers so I mixed up a bunch with some Mod Podge and tested a small area. Once I was sure the glitter would stay where I put it, I outlined the clouds. I stood back and looked at the sparkly clouds and decided it wasn't enough, so I mixed up a bunch more sparklies and smeared it over the rest of the rainbow!

Here is the finished rainbow! I LOVE it! I found the most helpful instructions online about how to make a good arch. It involves a nail, string, and pencil. It worked really well and I could not have made such a nice rainbow without it. Believe me, I tried. I still need to finish erasing my attempt. Oh, and thank you to all my FB friends who told me that a girl can never have too much glitter! :) Oh and the fish are Chloe's pets, Nemo and Marlin. They have lived with us for about 2 years now...they even survived the move!

Chloe is going to be excited about this corner of her room. I think this was meant as a place to put a dresser, but Chloe has had her bed pushed back here since we moved in. Now though, it is a home for her American Girl doll, Jessica. I placed a suspension rod towards the back to hold all of Jessica's clothes and pushed her cradle into the corner. (By the way, the cradle was made for me by my Grandpa when I was a little girl.) Up higher is a stuffed animal net I crocheted. I will love for Chloe to have one place for all her animals.

Now, the princess border is not new. I put this up right after we moved in. At the time, I had a bit extra, so I cut some to fit some extra frames I had laying around. It was a fun, easy, and quick way to fill some empty wall space.
Here is an idea that was inspired by a picture I saw online. Someone had taken ribbons and hung them above a bed, but I thought it would be super fun to put them in the door way! I can't wait to see Chloe walk through them!
Okay, the curtains were also inspired by a picture I saw online. As I said about Isaac's room, if I want to do something, someone has already done it and posted instructions on the internet. While the web-site used material, I wanted to keep with a princess-y feel, so I made these with toule. I bought 3 yards of white, blue, and bright pink. I have to insert here that these curtains became my color scheme for the rest of the room.
I'm not lying when I say this canopy took about 3 hot glue sticks to make! Guess what it's made out of? Yes, that's right! More toule! I measured how many feet from floor to ceiling, times it by 2, and searched the store for something round to be the top. I don't know why I didn't think of it all on my own, but thankfully I walked right by the hula hoops and bodda-bing-bodda-boom, there was my canopy! It's a real challenge to glue it all together, but I can't wait to see Chloe's reaction to it! (A special thank you to Greg for hanging not only the canopy but also the animal net! I couldn't have done it without you!)
Another shot of the canopy. I needed something to hide the hula hoop at the top, so I crocheted a band to glue around it. And then I did something I've always wanted to try...I crocheted with beads. I wish I had uploaded a closer image of this, but I didn't think of it. I was able to add little dangly beads from the band for an extra girly touch. I had the beads tucked away in some jewelry making supplies and they worked great! After completing this project, I want to do more bead crocheting! :)Okay, there you have it! Oh, I should mention the bedspread and pillow are not new, but they are super cool. The crowns all light up when you push them. haha! Just something else to keep Chloe awake at night!
Whew! I am glad to be done with these projects, but they were super fun! I am already making plans for Jeremys' room in a year or so. His room is currently the nursery and he's staying in with Isaac. But, in a year or so, he will have his room back and it's going to be great!

So sweet! She will LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteWow! That looks amazing! Chloe will be speechless. Great job!
ReplyDeleteOnce again - beautiful room! Love it! :0)
ReplyDelete