About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Monday, June 13, 2011



I have a wonderful husband! He spent all day Saturday making me the most beautiful easel so that I can have a good place to paint. Do you remember this picture? This is my first painting that I worked on while in a less than ideal spot. I won't bore you with the details, but just imagine me perched on an exercise ball, painting with one hand while holding the canvas still with the other. Yes...less than ideal. Greg obviously has more confidence in my painting than I do because he hung my picture in our entry way and then started making plans to build an easel.






Here are the plans written on a sticky note. Greg spent a lot of time studying different types of easels and I'm sure he found the best one for me.



he cut



he sanded



he pre-drilled the holes



he put together



he stained




And here is my beautiful easel! I can't wait to use it!! I can't promise beautiful paintings, but at least I'll have a fantastic spot to work! Isn't it gorgeous? Greg did an amazig job! And we figured it cost him less than $5 to build because he got the wood for nearly free from an auction. It's really nice oak! The only other cost was the hardware. Not bad! Now, where are my brushes??

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! It really is beautiful. He did a great job, and I can't wait to see your next painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Looks like a piece of furniture instead of a craft project in progress! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He did an amazing job! What a wonderful hubby you have! :) Can't wait to see what paintings this inspires.

    ReplyDelete