About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Friday, June 10, 2011

After Jeremy's birthday, and making his Thomas cake, I decided it would be fun to go back and look at all the cakes I have made for the kids. It was so much fun to see what I have learned and how funny most of my cakes turned out. haha! Thankfully the kids are happy if you get it close. There is so much to learn, and so little time, but with making 4 cakes a year, I might be able to learn quite a bit! I'm excited for the opportunities! Enjoy looking!



This one is obviously the Thomas the Tank Engine I just did for Jeremy's 3rd birthday.



Bwahaha! Can you tell what kind of animal this is? Chloe was really in love with her stuffed teddy bear, and so I tried to recreate it with cupcakes. :)



This was the year that Isaac LOVED the movie Cars. This was a fun cake to make.




And this was the year Chloe LOVED her stuffed puppy, Super Polly. It's too bad I didn't know about crumb-coating or how to smooth out frosting when I made this cake. Oh well. It's a learning process.



Ah, the Candyland cake! This was my absolute favorite to make for Isaac. He played Candyland multiple times a day and so this was the obvious choice for his cake that year.



Chloe wanted to have her own Lightening McQueen cake this year. It was a little different than the first, but I had the great idea to tip a tractor in a pile of cookie crumbs. I had a lot of fun making this one.



So this year, Isaac had a skating party in our basement. This was such a hard cake to make. I wish I had known about using dowels before I attempted stacking this roller skate. By the next morning, which happened to be the day of his party, the skate and fallen over. :( So, I make rice krispie treats for the party. lol



The smash cake I made for Jeremy's 1st birthday.



This was an effortless cake to make. It's made from ice cream, so I just froze it in a circle, I don't remember how. (I've slept too many times since then.) And then I placed the long chocolate covered cookies all around it, stuck some little princesses in it and voila! This cake was perfect for her swimming party she had.



I totally cheated for Isaac's birthday this year. He had just learned about Star Wars and so I bought all these cupcake holders. No big deal.



Here is the pony cake from Chloe's last birthday. It looks really weird, but I followed the directions and it actually looks like the picture from the book! haha! I think maybe she needed some more "mane" than I was able to give her. It's stinkin' hard to find red fruit roll-ups that aren't cut in a weird way!



And this is from Isaac's most recent birthday. He is the typical boy and LOVES legos, so this seemed like a good idea. This was the first time I worked with buttercream frosting and practiced smoothing it out with a hot knife. It worked really well! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love them all! We enjoy making our kids' cakes, too. I also take pictures (not only of the finished product, but also of the process it took to get there). Unfortunately, because I'm the photographer, it looks like Daddy alone made all the cakes. haha We're making a Barney cake for Isaiah next month. I bought a mold from e-bay, so the only challenge will be getting the icing colors to match.

    ReplyDelete