About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Next Week



Isaac and Jeremy get to go to Grandma's house next week. For the whole week. One of my friends recently said they would never be able to send their kids off for a whole week at a time. My first thought was, "Well, you're not with them 24/7 like I am." I'm with my kids all the time and to be honest, sometimes it's a nice break to send them away! But, I am of the opinion that no matter how much time you spend with your kids, you never feel it's enough and there is some amount of guilt. Believe me, I take myself on enough guilt trips to know! So, I feel bad for working moms who don't get as much time with their kids as I have. And I can understand how it would be hard for them to send their kids to Grandma's house for the week.

But anyway....Isaac and Jeremy get to go to Grandma's house next week. They are super excited and I'm excited for them. And I am happy for their Grandma. I know it's important for her to get to spend time with them, I only wish BOTH sets of grandparents could enjoy times like this with the kids. Yes, I am going to miss them. Yes, in a way I am dreading the week without them here. Yes, I will worry about Jeremy being away from home for a whole week. But on the other hand:

I will have a chance to spend more time with my girls. I'm already thinking of things Chloe and I am work on together. Crafts, Summer Reading Program, toenail painting, etc.

I will have time to FINALLY paint Isaac's room. Without him around, it will be a much quicker process and hopefully he will LOVE it when he gets home.

I am planning on doing a major cook-for-30-days while the boys are gone. I will have less guilt (and more time!) about so much time in the kitchen for those couple of days when I'm not wanted as much outside. Make sense?

Anyway, I have decided to not feel bad about the boys being gone next week. I am using it as an opportunity to get a lot done and to spend more time with my girls. Besides, this is a good thing for Isaac and Jeremy, and it's a great thing for their Grandma. I will be super happy when they get home, but when they come home, Chloe gets to go for her week at Grandma's house. I tell you what, after we get done with weeks like this, I feel as if I am a mother hen gathering all my chicks under my wing again. But, it's okay. I would not want to keep the kids from making some awesome memories, and I will use the time as best as I can. Have fun kids!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SOOOO with you on needing a break from your kids! I love my kids but sometimes its nice to live life without them to realize how MUCH I love them!!! :0) I'm hoping to have a few days coming up without Aimee and Cody off to Nana's house - we'll see! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete