About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Often my very first awareness of morning is my husbands' kiss good-bye. He always gets up at 5:30 and heads off to work an hour later. I doze for a few minutes and then I reach for my Bible that is on my nightstand.




I am trying to get into the habit of reading from the Proverbs and praying every morning before the world rushes towards me with all of its demands. While it was still peacefully quiet this morning I read from Proverbs 27 and found many nuggets of truth and wisdom that I pray I can instill in my children.



I kneel beside the bed and pray that I won't be like the quarrelsome wife who is compared to constant dripping on a rainy day. I pray that I will be a good wife, a good mom, and a good friend and daughter. I am reminded of so many areas I need to improve in, that I need to be watchful over, that I need to draw on His strength to overcome. Isn't it wonderful that we have a heavenly Father who loves us even when we fail?



It's not long before I hear Jeremy's footsteps running towards my bedroom, and my day is off to a great start. Here comes the world and I'm ready to face it. Thank you, God!

1 comment: