I slowly walk into the kitchen and peak around each corner. I need to be ever so quiet if I intend to keep my secret to myself. I keep it hidden because I know if these little people see what I have, they will want it for themselves. So, I carefully set down my grocery sack and grab my little secret, careful not to let it make crinkly noises. Ah, really this isn't just a 'secret', this is sanity covered with an orange wrapper.
Not wanting anyone to see it, I hastily glance around the kitchen for a good hiding spot. I can't indulge right now with so many witnesses in the other room, so I throw it into the kitchen cabinet and shut the door. Whew. Out of sight, out of mind. At first I worry I slammed the door too loud, but with all the grocery sacks rustling around and the fridge door opening and closing, slamming the cabinet door is did not draw attention. BUT, as I think through what I have just done, I realize I have chosen a poor hiding spot. As soon as breakfast rolls around in the morning, and the kids are in the kitchen, they are going to see MY secret and want it for themselves. Hmmm....what to do, WHAT TO DO?
I throw a quick glance over my shoulder, I listen for the stomping of feet that would announce the kids coming. Nothing. I open the cabinet door, grab my chocolate and search for a new, better place to stash it. I quickly tuck it in the baking cabinet and smile. They will never find it here. My Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are safe in there. For now. Bwahahaha! Soon, my little "secret" will be a fond memory.
Soon, I will need a chocolate moment and will sneak to my clever hiding spot and take a nibble or two. Or I might just gobble up the entire treat quickly and pray no one smells it on my breath. Ahhhh, it's nice to have a secret once in awhile.

I SOOOOO know EXACTLY what you are talking about!!! The day my kids had soda for the first time I realized my Cherry Coke was no longer safe by being Mom's drink! And my chocolate seems to disappear right and left! My hubbie keeps finding my hiding spots too! :0)
ReplyDeleteEvery mom needs a secret like that! :)
ReplyDelete