About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Being Intentional

I am posting this picture of my July calendar. Before I say why, I do want to apologize for the poor quality of this picture. It's almost 10pm and I couldn't get the lighting quite right for a decent picture. At least you will be able to see what I am talking about. haha.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I decided that I would have to start being intentional about my fitness. It's one thing to sit on the couch and say I will exercise more, it's another thing to actually be intentional about it. So, each date that is circled on my calendar is a day that I either walked and ran on the treadmill for 2 miles, or I did an exercise video. I was hoping to do this for the whole month of July...too bad I wasn't being intentional for the first week. :(

Oh, and ignore the Schwan's ice cream sticker on the top corner of my calendar.....ahem.

So far I haven't really lost any weight, but I do feel a difference in my endurance. I don't enjoy the exercise, but I LOVE coming upstairs, after giving it my all, and circling that date on my calendar.

Tomorrow, we all turn our calendars to August. I hope to circle a lot of dates as I continue being intentional about my health. It's not all about weight loss, that's just a side benefit. I'm doing this to be healthier! What are your goals for this new month?

1 comment:

  1. I put little butterfly stickers on my calendar. It was fun seeing 2 and then 3 stickers every week. Unfortunately that was a few months ago. :( I like your wording about being intentional. I shall have to dig out those butterfly stickers for August! :)

    ReplyDelete