About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Monday, February 20, 2012

One small detail....

I can be so....well...stupid sometimes!  Last night I did something so dumb and I just can't believe I actually did it.  It could have cost Greg and me about $100, but thankfully it only set us back about $4.

It all started when I was looking up prices for next years' school books.  I was on the curriculum website where I normally purchase our books, but I wanted to find them cheaper.  I decided to try to piece together my kit from several different sources. After just one search on ebay, I FOUND the exact set of readers I was wanting for only 99 cents!  And the best part was the auction was ending in 20 minutes!

So I was thrilled and excited and I put a bid on them right away.  Greg's thought was I just bid 99 cents and just bid again if someone came in with a higher bid.  So, that was the plan.  I put in my bid and then confirmed my bid.  It was to my shock to see that little box pop up and tell me that my maximum bid was 99 DOLLARS! What?  "I didn't say to put $99 as my highest bid!"  But before I got the whole sentence out, I realized I did do that exact thing because I had forgotten to put the decimal point in, making it $.99 instead of $99.  Wow, what a difference a small detail makes!

It turns out that someone was bidding on the readers, but Greg and I felt sure I would not be outbid, so we just waited for the auction to end.  At one point, I said to Greg, "It's at $4.05....Suckers! If they only knew!"

And that is where it stopped, $4.05 plus shipping.  It all turned out alright, Greg and I had a great laugh over my stupidity, and I am super excited to have saved us oodles for part of next years books.  Needless to say next time I place a bid on ebay, I will pay attention to the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment