About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday, week 10

Good morning!  Well....how was YOUR week?  If you had to weigh in this morning, what would you say about your weight?  Would you be pleased?  Would you think back over the week knowing you did your best?  Or would certain moments of weakness pop out and make you cringe?

For me, I definitely have memories of weakness popping out making me cringe this week.  Gracia turned 1, and what kind of party would it be without a slice of her cow cake?  So, I ate.  I also ate 2 slices of pizza and 1 breadstick. Can you believe that meal was 975 calories?!  I knew it would be high, but that number stunned me  I only eat 1200 calories a day! I ran on the treadmill that night for sure.  Unfortunately the cake wasn't gone and I've had to eat more this week. (We can't let it go to waist, now can we?)

But, despite all of that, I did lose 1 pound this week!  I am now at 135.4.  I am well on my way to meeting my goal of being 132 by Leap Day.  Also, my BIG goal is now only 10 pounds away.  Before I got pregnant, I was fluctuating between 120 and 125.  I'm getting there!

And the biggest excitement this week is that I can now wear some of my pre-pregnancy clothes!  One morning I pulled out a pair of jeans because I was curios to see how much more I needed to lose before I could pull them up and zip them.  I was shocked to see that not only could I pull them up all the way, I could also zip them!  Granted they are a bit snug, I do have 10 more pounds to go afterall!  But, they are zipping!  There are a few things I can't wear yet, but I am greatly encouraged this week!  I love the fact that I can see progress after all this time!

More exciting news is that I have officially finished the Couch to 5K program.  Yay!  Now I am left to try to decide where to go from here.  I think I have decided on 2 different things.  The first is that I want to increase my speed for the 5K.  Right now the fastest I have finished is 30 min. 18 sec.  That's running pretty fast!  The second idea is that I will work towards a 10K.  I would really love to do this, but it is going to require more time on the treadmill, and with the 4 kids and homeschooling, it's hard enough to cut out 40 minutes!  So, I don't know what I will end up doing.  Whatever I do, I am not going to stop running!

So, it all seems so exciting doesn't it?  It seems like I am doing pretty well and meeting all my goals.  How does that make you feel?  Does it encourage you to work hard and be diligent?  I hope so.  Please remember that I have been working HARD for 10 weeks now.  I have sweated and cried.  I have worked through sore muscles and tired legs.  I have been diligent even when I would have good excuses to not work out.  It hasn't been easy and most of it hasn't been fun either.  It's not easy to lose weight!  If you find yourself in week 4, 5, 6, or more and haven't seen any results, DON'T GIVE UP! 

One day I was pouring out my frustrations to Greg, telling him I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing weight.  I was giving it my all on the treadmill several times a week. I was counting calories and saying no to all snacks.  He said something that has stuck with me.  I may not be losing a pound a week, or losing inches, but I am trending downward.  If I put my journey on a graph, you would see the trend.  Some weeks I leveled out, some weeks I lost a few ounces, etc. But over time, you would really be able to see the line going steadily down.

What about you?  What are your goals?  What are your thoughts and feelings about where you're at right now?  Are you feeling motivated to exercise and eat right?  You've been following my journey by reading these posts.  I hope you're feeling encouraged by what you've read these last 10 weeks.  Let's keep moving towards our goals! 

Now, I have some cake to work off this week!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Cheri, I'm so proud of you! Each week you inspire me to do better, and so you can add that to your list of accomplishments!! Thank you for being so real with us!!

    ReplyDelete