Good morning everyone! How was your week? Did you meet any of your goals? I am well on my way to meeting a goal I made about 3 weeks ago. I want to be at 132 by Leap Day, 2 weeks away.
But first, I have been sick this week. The last time I ran was last Thursday night and I wondered how that would reflect on the scale. I did feel well enough to run last night and it was WONDERFUL! My legs were so ready for it and I was pleased that even though I hadn't run in a few days, it didn't seem to affect my endurance. I ran at 6.3 for a little over 20 minutes when my family got home and I needed to help get the kids in bed. Otherwise, I probably would have gone for my 5K.
I'm still sick today, runny nose, cough, etc. But amazingly while I was running last night, I didn't need to stop to blow my nose....I didn't sneeze....it was like my body couldn't focus on it while I was running. :) So I plan to keep up the running while I am sick, but I will listen to my body. When I am tired I will quit. I will not push myself like I normally do.
So, how did I do? Well amazingly after 4 days of no exercise, and several days of going over my calorie goal (1200), I lost another pound! I currently weigh 133. WHAT?! I can't believe how fast I am going through the 130's. It seemed like I was at 137 FOREVER, but these last 4 pounds have gone quickly. Praise the Lord!
So, I only have 1 pound more to lose to meet my goal of 132 by Leap Day. I am
nervous about this because my body tends to lose 3 pounds and level
out...lose 3 more pounds and level out. I am at the leveling out phase
if this trend continues which means I will be at 133 for a few weeks.
I'm hoping I break the trend this week! :)
I am beginning to recognize this girl in the mirror now and it feels pretty good. I've been wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans all week and it feels FABULOUS! And today, I am going to have the kids help me clean out my closet. I have a lot of clothes in there that I will never, Never, NEVER wear again. It's time to clean it out and make a donation to the Goodwill.
ABOUT THE KIDS:
What do they know? They know that mommy is working off a few pregnancy pounds. I have been honest with them letting them know that when a mommy has a baby, she gains weight to support the growth of the baby. It's healthy to work it off after the baby is done nursing. My kids also know that I am exercising because it's healthy. In fact, they believe this is the number 1 reason for my exercise because I have told them it's the number 1 reason. It really is! Not exercising is very UNHEALTHY, no matter what you weigh. A skinny person can be unhealthy.
But the kids never hear me say the words, "I'm fat." They never catch me looking in the mirror grabbing at extra rolls. Never. I DO NOT want my daughters to grow up believing they need to be super thin to be beautiful. Isn't that the message that we face today with commercials, magazines, billboards? It doesn't feel very good, does it? So I don't want that for my daughters. I want them to exercise for good health. Period. And if a person exercises and eats right regular basis, they will be at a healthy weight.
My final goal is getting closer and closer. My goal weight is 125. I wouldn't mind being 120 since I was fluctuating between 120 and 125 before I got pregnant. We'll see what weight I end up at. I'm not going to push to get to 120 since I know I'm building lots of muscles by running.
So, tell me how you are doing. Believe me, I know it's a struggle to lose weight. It's difficult to find time to exercise, it's almost impossible to eat right. I get it. I know. But you can do it! Let's keep going and we'll see results! :)

Yay! That is super news. You are doing so well! :) I've run twice in the past week, so I feel like I'm back on track. I need to pick a goal or two and WRITE THEM DOWN!
ReplyDelete