You've seen all my pictures on facebook, right? I have been crazily crocheting in an effort to begin selling my creations. I've searched out patterns, designed my own patterns, etc. I've opened an Etsy.com shop, and now I am preparing to have my very first craft table (Okay, so it's not my own table, I'm sharing it with a friend who sells breads and crafts and it's through our local farmers market. But hey! I am selling my crochet things for the first time!)
Last year as I was walking through, I noticed that there seemed to be a lack of anything crochet. Well, not entirely. There was one lady selling dish rags and pot holders. But, you can do so much more with a hook and yarn! I began kicking around the idea of eventually selling there. I even decided I would crochet things throughout the year and stock pile them until this summer. Guess how well THAT worked. Not at all. I don't need to go into a long explanation of why not. I'm sure you can figure that out on your own. But just in case you can't, I'll give you a clue:
Yes, I've been busy. But now, Farmer's Market starts this weekend and I am not wanting to let one opportunity slip by me. So, I am spending every spare moment crocheting. I am working hard!
WHY?!
Why would I be doing this? Besides that fact that I LOVE crochet, I have a goal. (I have discovered that I am a very goal oriented person.) I'm just hoping my goal isn't too lofty. I want to sell enough to be able to pay for piano lessons for my two older kids. I figured out that it is going to cost about $90 a month to pay for both Isaac and Chloe. Hopefully when the time comes, I'll be able to find someone who will give me a cheaper rate, but that was the number I got when I was looking last fall. But if that $90 didn't have to come out of our normal budget, that would be fantabulous.
Isaac has shown a natural ability for music. He loves to sit and play the piano, guitar, etc. I want to give him the best possible start. Who knows? He may be the next famous composer! Or at least be able to play for his church when he grows up. And Chloe has begun to show interest as well. She loves to sit with her little books at the piano plunking out the tune. I really believe that if you can play piano, you can play any instrument.
So, that is my goal. I want to earn enough to pay for lessons for one school year. Sound like a lofty goal to you? It does to me too! I'm probably going to develop carpal tunnel in my efforts, but that's what mother's do. :)
Oh, I also wanted to say that if you see anything you like, please let me know. I'm going to be taking orders from friends who can't come to our local farmer's market. Even if you don't see it in my pictures, but you find something you LOVE, let me know that too. I can work with pictures, or look at patterns online, etc. :)
And now, I am off to make some baby socks. :) I hope you have a wonderful day!

I am doing something similar with a new blog that I am working on. We will see! http://simplymadehome.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteDo you have an etsy site or a facebook album of your goods? I would love to take a look through!