About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday, the finish line

One of my favorite things I've heard Jillian Michales say is, "You don't get up to the finish line and then quit. That's when you push yourself harder."  And yet, guess what I did.  I had a goal, or finish line, so to speak.  I knew it was a realistic and healthy goal for me and I got so close to meeting the goal!  At one point, I was only 1 pound from the finish line and then I pulled back.  I quit.

Now, I didn't make the conscience decision to quit.  Rather, I told myself things like:  "I'm wearing MOST of my pre-maternity clothes.  I'm good right where I am."  or "I feel great right here at 128, I'm not going to stress over the last 3 pounds."  and "I'm just going to concentrate on a different goal (Running 50 miles a month) and eventually the last little bit will fall off."  (Plus, I spent a few weeks basking in my accomplishment of losing all that weight...even though I hadn't reached my goal.)

Now, there is a grain of truth in each of those statements, but the thing that bothers me is that I got right up to the finish line and quit.  I was ONE POUND AWAY! I have gained 2 pounds back and leveled out right at 128.  It's an okay weight, I really could be happy there, but it's not the healthiest for me.

I do want to say right here that I DID reach my 50 mile goal for the month of April.  I worked so hard to reach that goal and I am proud to have accomplished it.  I plan to continue on with this goal for the month of May. 

So anyway, I started to realize that I need to get back to being intentional about reaching my goal of 125 pounds.  I can't get right up to the finish line and quit like that.  What kind of example is that to others around me? I need to push myself harder.  I am pleased to say that I have lost a pound, I am now at 127!!!  WooHoo!  I have 2 pounds to go which doesn't sound like much, but I have a feeling they are going to be 2 very stubborn pounds!

How about you?  Are there any finish lines you have almost gotten to and then quit?  Come with me and renew that goal, let's blast right through that finish line!  Let's go!


No comments:

Post a Comment