This Saturday is race day. This is the day I have been preparing for for 4 months. I signed up to run this 5k several months ago to give me something to shoot for. I wanted a goal. I wanted to put something out there for me to strive for. I didn't know how long it would take me to actually be able to run 3.1 miles. I mean, I'm older now and it seemed harder than the last time I trained for a 5k.
But I pushed myself.
I gave my all every time I ran.
I didn't quit, even though there were times that I was defeated. One particular day I was supposed to run for 20 minutes and I only made it to 8 minutes. I was so discouraged as I climbed down off the treadmill, but that made me even more determined to get it next time. So, the next morning, I got on with as much gusto as I could muster and I made the 20 minutes.
Now, I'm able to run 62 minutes. (Yes, those last two minutes are important! LOL)
And now Saturday is race day. Last week I emailed the race people and asked if I could bump up to a 10K instead since through all that training I can now run 7 miles. A 10K is 6.2 miles. I knew I could smoke it no problem. The kind people said, "Sure!" and now I am set to run the 10k!!
I am thrilled! I am excited!
The only problem is my knee. It's been hurting this week. I haven't run very much this week at all, in fact, I've run less than 2 miles because I am resting my knee. I ran this morning to kinda test it and see how bad it hurts after a short run. I stopped to stretch EVERY time I felt a twinge of pain and that really helped a lot. I'm feeling pretty good right now, and I'm hoping since race day is still 3 days away that it will be all better by then. Each day has gotten better this week, so I'm hopeful. Can you please pray with me about this? I DO NOT WANT ANY INJURIES!!
Okay, so here's the moment of truth. I weighed in this morning and I am at 126.8!!! WooHoo! I am 1.8 pounds away from my goal! I'm pretty thrilled with that.
I can't wait to write next week and tell you about my race. This is my first ever race and I'm nervous as I don't know what to expect. If any of you "runners" have any tips or advice, I'm all ears!
What are YOU doing today to meet your goals? Let's get moving to reach those goals. Ready, Set, GO!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment