About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

funny story


Okay, so I am sitting here watching tennis. And by watching, I mean that I just haven't had the energy to get up and turn the TV off after Greg left the room. So really, it's just background noise. But, it reminded me of the time Greg took me to play tennis shortly after we were married.

Here I was a young and skinny newlywed, not a care in the world, and madly in love with Greg. We were given some tennis rackets, so on one sunny day, we took to the courts.

Now, I had watched tennis before and had always been impressed with how hard you must have to hit the ball. I mean, the ladies always yell or grunt as their racket makes contact with the ball. (too bad I never focused on their form, just their noise....) So I prepared myself for what must be a very grueling sport.


Greg was kind enough to let me serve first, and I did my best to not look like an idiot in front of my groom. I sure didn't want the ball to fall short of the net! I tossed the new tennis ball into the air, grasped the racket as if it were a baseball bat, swung with all my might and let out a loud grunt/yell. Thankfully I didn't get a strike...er...I mean miss the ball. And when I opened my eyes, I was shocked to see my ball sailing away into the blue sky. If it hadn't been for the really tall gate separating the tennis courts, my ball would have been gone.


I was totally embarrassed as I turned my focus to Greg. He was practically rolling on the court laughing at me. I quickly got over the embarrassment of it an joined him. We've been laughing about it ever since. Apparently, it's not difficult to get the ball over the net, it's speed they are working so hard for. At least I think it is. Oh and just a side note: when we looked at the ball I smacked to the other side of Illinois, it had lines marked on it from the strings on my racket. hahaha! Oh, what a fun memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment