When Isaac was born, I was truly impressed with the amount of hair he had. I mean, it was thick, black, and the most hair I'd ever seen on a new born! Everyone who saw him commented on it saying how amazed they were. Eventually all the black hair fell out and in grew the brown hair he has today. But, it happened so gradually, I hardly noticed it happening. He did develop a bald spot on the back of his head where he always slept.
If we thought we saw a lot of hair with Isaac, we were wrong, because soon Chloe came along. This child had just as much hair as Isaac, only it was LONG. I gave her a hair cut before she could sit up! Not only did she have a ton of hair on her head, this poor child also had it all over her body. There was a nice layer of black hair on her shoulders, down her back, on her arms and legs. She even had hair on her ears!
Jeremy had a lot of hair too, but I think it was more like Isaac's hair. Not quite as long as Chloe's, but just as thick, and just as black. By this point, I started referring to my newborns as hairy little monkeys. And there is this old wives tale that says if you have a lot of heart burn while pregnant, your baby will have a lot of hair. I have no clue what one thing has to do with the other, but it sure seemed to be true for me!
Now, let's talk about Gracia. When she was born, everyone commented on how much black hair she had, but one of my first comments was, "Where is all of her hair?" I was sure with the amount of heart burn I had that she would be just as hairy as Chloe was, but she wasn't. This wasn't the hairy little monkey I was expecting! haha! She does have hair on her ears, however.
All of my kids lost their newborn black hair, but their new hair always grew in at the same time. And each of them had a bald spot for awhile, but I have never had it happen like this. Gracia is losing her hair much the same as middle age men do. Her hairline is receding, and she really is starting to look like Dr. Phil. I'm hoping the rest of her hair falls out soon too, otherwise I'm not going to know how to make her look girly! I guess I could get a good supply of hats. She does have some headbands, thanks to a dear friend who got them for her.
I do love my hairy little monkeys! Even if one happens to lose all her hair!

LOL - this really made me laugh!!! Since I only saw Gracia as an infant - I'm left up to my imagination as to what your hairy little monkeys looked like :0)
ReplyDeleteNo worries the hair will grow. Chaya had the same problem! Head bands work really well.
ReplyDeleteLoved this post! Joel did not have much hair and it was blonde. Abbey was just like Chloe with hair on her body that I never saw before but did not have much on her head. Then came Micah with a TON of black hair on his head. Hopefully once Gracia loses all her hair it will grow in quickly!
ReplyDelete