Dear Friend, I am beginning something new called Blogging for Books. It's an online program that sends me a book of my choosing, I read it, write a review for my blog, and then they send me a new book. It's been fun so far! So, if you want to read my reviews you are more than welcome, but I won't feel bad if you don't. These will not be normal posts from me. Tnaks!
I just finished reading Under the Overpass by Mike Yankoski and was challenged on many levels. I appreciated his fresh and new perspective about the homeless and the insights he gained from living on the streets for 5 months. It has changed the way I think about the homeless and I am glad I read it. Mike includes many Scripture verses and praise songs that were meaningful to him along the way, and made them practical to us today. I also appreciated his advice on what we can do in our own communities to help those less fortunate than us. This book changed the way I look at my 'necessities' and made me realize how much I really do have. A roof over my head, food on the table, a bed to sleep in. Under the Overpass is an easy, quick read, but also a very insightful one.

No comments:
Post a Comment