I wish my nesting instincs would kick in already. If you're a mother or married to one, you know exactly what I mean. For a period of time, the mother-to-be gets a burst of energy and puts it to good use. There is much to do!
-Cleaning needs to be done, and I'm talking the whole house!
-Organizing: toys, cabinets, closets, EVERYTHING!
-Supplies to gather: diapers, lotion, baby soap, clothes, and more!
-The nursery to be set up: crib, changing table, etc. (No, I don't plan to tackle this by myself. Greg will have to help do this.)
-I need to find a diaper bag/purse.
-I need to pull out all the bottles that I don't intend to use. (They need to be ready, just in case)
-I need to get her little clothes all washed and put neatly in her dresser.
-I need to buy cloth diapers for burp rags.
And on and on the list goes. But, instead of the "Nesting Syndrom" kicking in, I am finding myself busy with other things. I mean, I already have 3 children to care for! A lot of my 'nesting' energy is being spent nurturing them! It's all good though. I still have 34 days to go until this little bundle is scheduled to arrive, and we all know babies are always on time! HAHAHA!
During this last month, I am going to get as much school done as possible with Isaac and Chloe. I am planning on taking 3-4 weeks off after the baby is born for obvious reasons. Iowa has a required number of days for homeschoolers to do school, and I want to make sure I do my part to ensure they get the 'proper education.' (Please read the last sentence as it is intended, laced with sarcasm.) I'm actually not worried about how well they are doing in school, both kids are far ahead of where the state says they should be, but I don't want my HS privileges taken away because I failed to do the requirements.
Anyway....I think I am going to see what I can find in the storage room as far as bottles and pacifiers go. Maybe I am entering the "nesting phase" after all. :)

Nesting never kicked in for me with Juliet. Perhaps it was because I was working until 10 days AFTER my due date...yikes! Fortunately, my mom was there and cleaned the whole apartment thoroughly and did a lot of laundry for me while I was still in the hospital. It was a big help.
ReplyDeleteI think you might be girl! If you're already making lists and plans, thats the beginnings!! :0)
ReplyDelete