Dear Little One,
We've been through quite a journey together and I haven't even met you yet. I haven't seen your face, counted your toes, or snuggled you close to my heart. But, you have made your presence known by your kicks, jabs, and hiccups. How precious those movements are to me and I cherish each one.
I can't wait to see if you have as much hair as your older brothers and sister had when the were first born. (I always felt like they were handing me hairy little monkeys! They had a head full of black hair, hairy shoulders, backs, arms, and even ears!) If my heart burn is any indication, then you do. I can't wait to see you scrunch your little face and hear your little baby squeaks and grunts. I can't wait to watch your little body stretch as it gets used to more spacious living conditions.
It hasn't been easy carrying you these past 8 months, but every moment has been worth it. I've struggled so much during various trials, but it will all melt away as soon as they put you in my arms. I do love you so.
But, it's not over yet. In fact, the hardest part is still before us. We need to get through the next several weeks until it's safe for you to enter into this world. The last month or so seems to stretch out into an eternity, but time marches on, and soon you will be in my arms.
Soon, I won't be getting up twice a night to use the bathroom, I'll be up in the night to feed and change you. I look forward to our quiet and not so quiet moments together in the night. I know I will have to share you with everyone during the day, but the nights will be all ours.
I've begun to get your nursery ready, (it makes me happy to see so much pink again) I bought your little sleeper to wear home from the hospital, I even bought some diapers yesterday to stock up. There is so much more I need to do before you come, and you have so much more to do to be ready to come. Your little lungs aren't ready to breathe yet, your little body needs to put more weight on, and more. So, you stay where you are, and I'll keep plugging along. In about 48 days, we'll be ready to meet each other, and I will be here with open arms.

Love this.
ReplyDeleteMade me cry! :)
ReplyDeleteSniff* tear*
ReplyDeleteprecious Cheri!!! You will be so glad you are "keeping" thes moments close to your heart and that they are on paper. Thanks for sharing them with us!
ReplyDeleteWow Cheri ... makes me so want to be a mom some day Lord willing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for loving and caring for your children as you do!
It's such an amazing example ;)
Thank you!
Love ya :)