Hey, do you remember way back when I was doing this "weigh in Wednesday" series on my blog? Every Wed. I would post if I had gained or lost anything. I really don't know why I started it then because I knew I wasn't going to lose much weight when I was still nursing. I grew discouraged and quit posting.
Well, I am in the weaning process now. I was really hoping to make it a full year with Gracia, but after a series of events, my milk is pretty much gone. So, instead of spending lots of time pumping to try to increase my milk, I decided to just let it go and start my exercising 2 months early. It's hard to be done with this stage, but on the other hand, I am more than ready to claim my body back and live a healthier lifestyle. I have given Gracia her best possible start and now it's time to refocus on me....well...only for 1/2 hour a day anyway. lol
So, I am bringing the Weigh in Wednesdays back and I am going to be brutally honest there. I will say what I weigh and what my goals are. I will give you a weekly update on my progress because I want you to see that it can be done. I know it's hard to lose weight, I know it's discouraging to work out for a month and not see any results. I get that.
But, I also get the fact that when I am moving every day, I FEEL healthier, I have MORE energy, and I'm in a generally better mood overall.
During my teenage years, I could eat anything, and I mean ANYTHING and however much I wanted and not gain an ounce. I was skinny, people. I weighed 110 for most of my teen years, and I'm almost 5 ft. 7. I did a quick BMI calculation and found that I was at 17.2, well below the underweight number. I didn't feel healthy a lot of the time. I was tired, I was dealing with low blood sugar issues. But, all that changed once I got married and had kids.
Now, my BMI is much higher, but not in the unhealthy range. But again, I feel tired much of the time, I don't feel well, and I certainly don't have much energy. I'm looking for a happy medium.
I know all those things will change as I bring back the exercise. Yes, I am hoping to drop the baby pounds, but more importantly, I am excited to have more energy and feel good. And I know my mood will improve as I spend time each day exercising.
SOOOoooo, last night I threw the question out there to my FB friends.....5K baby, who's with me? And I was pleasantly surprised to have several friends enthusiastically say they would love to do it with me. So, a FB group was formed and now we have about 7 members. I am so excited to see how God will bring us closer together as we all strive for better health. We have accountability now, we have a support group, and in a few weeks, we will have results.
Will you join us? I would love to add you to our group! Maybe you're like I was a few months ago...nursing a child...or maybe you're recovering from an illness or accident. So it would be better for you to begin in a few months. That's alright too! Just let me know when you're ready and I'll add you to our support group. 5K baby! Let's run!


No comments:
Post a Comment