About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Weigh in Wednesday week 1

Good morning everyone!  A few days ago, I wrote a post saying I was bringing back the weigh in Wednesday series.  I have almost completely weaned Gracia now (A bittersweet time) and now it's time to get busy working off these pregnancy pounds.  For the past 10 months, I have been less than patient with carrying around this extra weight, but I knew to give Gracia her best start, I needed to just relax and forget about it for awhile.

And now the time has come to work it off.  I can't tell you how excited I am to get going!  So, the first thing I did was start a Couch to 5K program.  Last week I asked the question on FB, "5K baby, who's with me?"  And while I was walking/running for the first time, I had 3 of my girlfriends reply by saying they were ready to start right away. A Facebook group (5K Baby) was born.  We now have 17 members, all holding each other accountable and making goals for themselves.  (there's always room for more members!)

So, here's the big reveal.  I am going to tell you my goals and where I am at right now.  Right now I weigh 144 and hope to lose 24 pounds.  I'm hoping to lose about a pound a week which is a healthy amount.  I admire the people on Biggest Loser who can lose 10-15 pounds a week, sometimes more!  But, I just don't have that much to lose and I don't have that much time to spend in the gym.  So, about a pound a week is my goal.

Before I got married, I weighed 110.  I was underweight and didn't exactly feel healthy.  I don't want to go there again, but 120 is a healthy weight for me. I'm 5 foot 7, so 120 pounds seems really light.  But, it works for me since I'm small boned.

So, my goal is to lose 24 pounds.  But more importantly than that is to just be healthier.

I've started my 5K and feel great.  I've been through this enough times (3 other pregnancies) to know that I am not going to lose weight right away. Sometimes I have worked for 3 or 4 weeks before dropping a pound.  But after that it seems to come off quickly.  So, for awhile I will just need to be patient and know that in the long run it will pay off.

Would you like to join me in this journey?  I want to let you know that this isn't just something I'm doing right now to lose weight, but this is a life change.  So even after I have met my goals, I will continue on to maintain good health by regular exercise and healthy eating.

What are your goals?  Do you want to lose weight?  Do you want to feel more energetic?  Trying to get your "numbers" where they should be?  You can join my group anytime and get the benefits of a support system and accountability.  Just let me know if you'd like to!  Even if you just want to walk the 5K. We have some other members doing that too.  :)

God has only given us one body, it's up to us to take care of it.

3 comments:

  1. My goal is to lose 30 pounds, and then sometime in 2011 run a marathon (if there is an opportunity here in Spain). I'm still nursing full time right now, so it will be slow for me.

    You can do it, Cheri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is 88 pounds! Why, because I have not lost any of my baby weight and would like to be about 10 pounds lighter than when I got married, which was much lighter than the beginning of college but still not exactly where wanted to be. I'm using this program to get me ready for my 10k with my sister next fall. I also train with my sister-in- law Mon., Wed., Fri. We go to the best classes I've ever done at 5:30 AM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 60 to 70 pounds for me. Hubby carries around a 30 pound duty belt and has compared that to "It's like carrying around a toddler." It occurred to me that I have been carrying around an 8 year old boy! It's GOT to go!

    ReplyDelete