About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Weigh in Wednesday, week 2

Good morning!

How are you doing with your goals?  Are you doing something TODAY to help yourself meet those goals?

So this week I've been getting on the scale every morning to kinda see when I would start losing a few ounces.  To my surprise I started losing weight right away!  Remember last week I said that the other times I have worked off pregnancy weight, it didn't start coming off for a few weeks!  So, I was shocked to see some results right away.

I've been down to this weight before though.....A few weeks ago I had strep throat and lost 3 pounds.  I couldn't eat or drink ANYTHING it hurt so bad.  But, it didn't take long to recover from that and I gained the 3 pounds back.

All this week, I have been fluctuating between losing 1 and 3 pounds.  I was so excited on Saturday morning when I saw that I was down 3 pounds.  I couldn't believe it and couldn't wait for the next Weigh in Wednesday!  haha  But this morning when I got on, I weighed 142.6.  Last week I was 144, so I've lost about 1 1/2 pounds.  This is actually a good thing.  It's not as exciting as 3 pounds, but it's a healthy amount to lose in a week.

Oh goodness, I have been surrounded by temptations!  And I have indulged in some of them, which is fine as long as I don't lose control.  lol  Chloe and I have been making Christmas goodies....Russian tea cakes, chocolate covered peanut butter balls, chocolate covered pretzels, nut rolls (my great grandma's recipe) and so on.  Thankfully we went around to our neighbors' houses last night to deliver their Christmas goodies, so most of the yumminess is gone.

That doesn't change the fact that I have eaten cookies for breakfast twice this week.  :(  I really do need to start eating better, although I do have to say that I've done much better lately since I'm done nursing. I know I don't need to eat as many calaries a day anymore.  Did you know that a nursing mother burns 500 caleries a day just producing milk?

What is your exercise routine?  Are you careful with how you eat?

I've been doing the couch to 5K program which is a 9 week program.  I wasn't feeling challenged enough with week 2, so I skipped to week 3 and I feel  that is enough of a challenge for me. I have 1 more day of that and then I'll be moving on to week 4.  I sure am enjoying the running! Have you joined my group yet?  Would you like to?  We currently have 20 members and I have found it's a great source of encouragement and accountability!

Okay, I will let you go.  Have you weighed in?  Do you have any progress you'd like to share? Have you taken body measurements too or are you just going by weight?  Should we take before and after pictures?  :)

1 comment:

  1. I lost 3 pounds last week. My weigh in is Monday. This week I already have eaten many more treats so I do not expect near that much weight loss next week. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, but am fighting a cold that has stopped me from exercising since Monday. Going to try tomorrow.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete