About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Some Time off

We're headed to Illinois this weekend for Christmas....and then we're coming home without the 3 older kids. They will be staying the week at their grandma's house.  Usually I would be sad and be thinking, "What on earth will I do with all my extra time??"  Not this time though.  I have plans.  I'm taking some time off.  :)

So, what will I be doing with all my extra time?

I'm going to:

- do some painting. It's time I put the easel Greg made me to good use.

- read a book.  It doesn't matter which one, I just haven't had time to read a book for myself in awhile.

- shampoo all the carpets...something that is hard to do with 4 pairs of feet running around the house all the time.

- celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary by going on a date.  A DATE!  Who knew people did that for their anniversaries?? Goodness, we haven't been on a date in...well...I can't remember!

- take some naps. Do I really need to elaborate on this one?

- spend more quiet time with my God. And yes, it's going to be plenty quiet around here.

- and so much more!

I will still have Gracia around, but it's amazing what I will be able to accomplish during her nap times.  :)  While I'm sure I will cry a few tears when we leave the kids on Monday, I do have this giddy feeling welling up within myself.  I can't wait to do some of these things next week.  Hey, I might even paint the kitchen.  :)  Good bye yellow, hello red and khaki!

1 comment:

  1. A week? You get a whole week? "Thou shalt not covet thy friend's time off. Thou shalt not covet they friend's time off." Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete