
Chloe has waited for this all summer. She has anticipated being a "big kid" for months. And now she finally has reached it. She has her Sparkie vest, Sparkie book, and several jewels she has earned. She told me last night, "I feel like a real Sparkie already!" I chuckled to myself and told her she was absolutely a Spark already. Not to brag or anything, but last night, Chloe passed 14 sections! This is Isaac's 3rd year as a Sparkie. He has a very well decorated vest, a bronze and silver crown both filled to the brim with jewels, and both having the special review patch under them. He has worked hard, and yet, he has a natural ability to memorize verses. He is working on filling his wings with jewels and will soon move on to the review.
I feel that the Sparkie books are a lot easier than when I was a kid. But, I could sit here and say how much easier my kids have all sorts of things than I had as a kid. But, the books honestly seem to be easier to get through, and both my Sparks are almost done with their books. Going through the review will be an easy thing that I expect to go rather quickly.
But, I do appreciate the parental involvment with these new books. They are filled with Bible stories and devotionals to do along with your child. Not only that, but each book comes with a CD that my kids love listening to as they are falling asleep at night. They know their verses and stories forwards and backwards. They love talking about them! So in some ways the new books are better than when I was a kid. :)
I'm proud of both of my Sparkies and am excited for them as they earn their awards, but more importantly, I am thrilled they are each hiding God's Word in their hearts. There is nothing more important than knowing God and we get to know Him through His Word. My greatest responsibility as a mother is to do my best to teach them about God and what He has done for us. And all my adventures as a mother have taught me the value of having God's Word hidden in my heart.

I agree completely that the books are easier than when we were kids. My kids fly through them as well. But it is still so encouraging to hear children recite the Word of God.
ReplyDelete