When I was a little girl, I was always getting car sick. Thankfully I hardly ever threw up, but it was one of those things that I would probably feel better if I did. My parents would "crack the window" to help with the nausea and I would press my cheeck on the cool window. Anything for relief.
Well, now that I am a mother, I know what it feels like to have a sick little girl in the back seat. Except Chloe DOES throw up. On almost EVERY trip we go on. One of the first trips we took her on, a trip to my brother's wedding in Hawaii, she threw up within the first 3 hours of the trip. Oh great. Was she getting sick or was this simply car sickness? She was only 12 months old. :( Anyway, her lunch ended up getting all over her car seat, her stuffed animal, her clothes, etc. At the hotel we tried our best to wash everything out, but we knew our car would reak when we got back to the airport from Hawaii. Amazingly it wasn't too bad!
I have learned the hard way to make Chloe take the awful tasting "throw up pills" otherwise known as motion sickness pills. And she has to take them moments into the trip to avoid any disasters. She hates taking them because they have a terrible after-taste. So, I have crushed them into applesauce, let her drink lemon-aid to help cover the taste, etc. Nothing makes the experience more pleasant, so I have resorted back to just having her swallow them as quickly as possible, and promise her she won't throw up. Those pills are amazing, they work every time......so far.....
I have used pringle cans, cups from fast food places and wal-mart sacks to catch the unfortunate loss. I have been thankful for a plentiful supply of baby wipes on these adventures as I clean up a crying little girl and her clothes. She gets so upset each time, poor thing.
I have washed out her beloved puppy many, many times. If her stuffed puppy looks like she's been wrung through the wringer, it's because she has. Super Polly is her name and she has been washed out and blown dry with a hair dryer in random hotels many times. She has lived up to her name of being "super" for sure.
Chloe is a trooper though. She'll get so sad about having to be car sick, but as soon as the event is over, she'll feel better and be back to her normal self. I do have a great deal of sympathy for her as I was once in her shoes, just not as bad.
I laugh because Greg never handles "the event" well. Haha! I think he secretly is very thankful that he's busy driving and cannot help in the situation. He is always so grossed out when I return to the front seat with the object containing Chloe's snack. Well, on Thursday he and Chloe will be taking a trip back to Illinois....by themselves. This ought to be interesting! But, rest assured, I will be a loving, thoughtful wife and make sure Chloe takes her "throw up pill" before she leave the house. SHMILY Greg!
Well, now that I am a mother, I know what it feels like to have a sick little girl in the back seat. Except Chloe DOES throw up. On almost EVERY trip we go on. One of the first trips we took her on, a trip to my brother's wedding in Hawaii, she threw up within the first 3 hours of the trip. Oh great. Was she getting sick or was this simply car sickness? She was only 12 months old. :( Anyway, her lunch ended up getting all over her car seat, her stuffed animal, her clothes, etc. At the hotel we tried our best to wash everything out, but we knew our car would reak when we got back to the airport from Hawaii. Amazingly it wasn't too bad!
I have learned the hard way to make Chloe take the awful tasting "throw up pills" otherwise known as motion sickness pills. And she has to take them moments into the trip to avoid any disasters. She hates taking them because they have a terrible after-taste. So, I have crushed them into applesauce, let her drink lemon-aid to help cover the taste, etc. Nothing makes the experience more pleasant, so I have resorted back to just having her swallow them as quickly as possible, and promise her she won't throw up. Those pills are amazing, they work every time......so far.....
I have used pringle cans, cups from fast food places and wal-mart sacks to catch the unfortunate loss. I have been thankful for a plentiful supply of baby wipes on these adventures as I clean up a crying little girl and her clothes. She gets so upset each time, poor thing.
I have washed out her beloved puppy many, many times. If her stuffed puppy looks like she's been wrung through the wringer, it's because she has. Super Polly is her name and she has been washed out and blown dry with a hair dryer in random hotels many times. She has lived up to her name of being "super" for sure.
Chloe is a trooper though. She'll get so sad about having to be car sick, but as soon as the event is over, she'll feel better and be back to her normal self. I do have a great deal of sympathy for her as I was once in her shoes, just not as bad.
I laugh because Greg never handles "the event" well. Haha! I think he secretly is very thankful that he's busy driving and cannot help in the situation. He is always so grossed out when I return to the front seat with the object containing Chloe's snack. Well, on Thursday he and Chloe will be taking a trip back to Illinois....by themselves. This ought to be interesting! But, rest assured, I will be a loving, thoughtful wife and make sure Chloe takes her "throw up pill" before she leave the house. SHMILY Greg!

No comments:
Post a Comment