About Me

My photo
First, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am married to my best friend, and I am a mother to 4 beautiful blessings. I love to crochet and try to make time for it everyday.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Over-reactions

So this morning I had this complete over-reaction. I have no idea where it came from...well...that's not entirely true. On Monday morning I made my way to the Dr's office with 3 kids in tow. I had to drive through 2 detours and follow a frequently stopping school bus to get there. I had a hard contraction while in the car and did Imention I was operating on an empty tummy? I guess it wasn't exactly empty. I had just gulped down my fruit punch glucose drink a half hour before.

When I was pregnant with Isaac, I passed my 1-hour glucose test. With Chloe and Jeremy, I failed and had to go back for the 3-hour tour. I mean, the 3-hour test. (Now I'm in the mood to watch some Giligan's Island!...Focus Cheri!)


By now I am used to the routine of not eating after dinner the night before, drinking the sugary liquid and letting them poke me with needles every hour. But for some reason this morning when I got the phone call that I failed my 1-hour test on Monday, I fell apart. I had been so hopeful this time. Not to mention I need to go in today to see if I do indeed have another infection.

Pregnancy has never been easy for me, as I'm sure many other women can say about their pregnancies. I stick my tongue out at my friends who say they feel their best during pregnancy. :-P But, deep down I am happy for them. Way, way, way deep down. These past 4 pregnancies I have had to be in the hospital for 4 weeks with premature labor, be on medications to stop 'braxton hicks' contractions, I've had to be on bedrest, I have terrible varicose veins, and the list goes on and on. Oh, and the pregnancy acne. Ugh. I am in constant pain in one form or another.


The title of my blog is "Mommy's Adventures" and I realized this morning that all my pregnancy problems are just a part of those adventures. I can feel sorry for myself, or I can push through and have a great story to tell later. I want to be gracious and patient and handle everything with dignity and a calm spirit. I don't know what happened to me this morning, but I just fell apart.

This Sunday our pastor challenged us with a verse from Colossians that talks about letting God's peace rule our hearts. I have God's peace, I just need to let it rule in my heart. But my tired, hurting body over-ruled my heart this morning. Thankfully the day is not over! I am picking myself up by my bootstraps and continuing on, choosing joy and God's peace. And I'm dreaming about holding my baby girl, knowing it's all worth it. I have 80 some days to go, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and a sweet baby girl. Thank you God!

I do have some friends who are unable to have children at all, and that makes all my problems pale in comparison. I'm aware of the fact they would trade my problems for theirs anyday. And so I am thankful and pray for my dear friends who struggle in that area. I'm praying for you today! Love you, Girlfriends!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Cheri. I understand where you are coming from. Thank you so much for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete